Monday, April 20, 2009

I am so bad

I seriously always MEAN to post blogs, but just never seem to get it done. Well, I am back, yet again....
Life for me rarely changes, but I will try to make this interesting.....
Today
Day one of my vacation. I try once a year to take a "go nowhere" style vaca, I find the most peace and solitude in having nothing that "has" to be done. Today I still woke at a decent hour, 8, but that was pretty well the only thing I did until well after 5 this evening! Sooo nice, I watched my soaps, had lunch, napped, and then napped again! I went and grocery shopped this evening, made dinner, and talked to friends on the phone.

As for my whole "grocery / dinner" deal. It is no really big surprise to anyone that I am not really one to cook, well, guess what... I have been cooking. I am almost ashamed to admit why I am cooking, but I will! I eat out so much NOTHING is sounding good anymore. It dawned on me that eating out should ALWAYS sound good, because it is designed to be a treat. So, now I have successfully ate at home since Saturday night. I LOVE IT!!!! I get to engage my brain about what sounds good, and then I cook it! Tonight was meatloaf, green beans, and a baked potato. So super good, and now I have lunch for tomorrow. Saturday was spaghetti and garlic crescent rolls, which doubled as Sundays dinner. Enough about me cooking, BUT I am excited to not be constantly ordering, waiting, tipping, blah, blah, blah.......

Tonight I downloaded Lady Antebellums album! I so love them! I especially love their song "Run To You". I had never seen the video until this evening, and wow, it's awesome! Take a look for yourself. Enjoy!


I love the whole "pay it forward" theme! So inspiring! Speaking of paying it forward... About two weeks ago my friend, Kaleigh, and I went to lunch at the Olive Garden. (Yes, this is when I was still a "go out when I'm hungry" girl) We were seated near one of my customers who I have sold furniture to for several years. We spoke, and proceeded with our lunches. When it came time for the bill our waitress told me mine had been taken care of already by the gentleman I had spoke with while being seated. Apparently he told her I had done a lot for him, and he had always wondered how he would ever re-pay me.... Okay, so that very instance makes all the verbal lashings I get at work a bit more worth it! Sigh......

1 comment:

Angie said...

That's the coolest thing! And I'm so proud of you for blogging. Will I see another one tomorrow????